Tuesday, April 05, 2016

One Haiku

One of the zero
He sits, his head in his hands
Sighing out the day

One of the zero
the zero who read the rules
wasting time in school

He doesn't stand out
from the zero who stand out.
One of the zero

He checks the option;
yes, he agrees to the rules
which he didn't read

"One of the zero,"
he ponders the sound of it
wanting to be more


----------------------------------------------------


Just one thing to find
Whatever that one thing is
One can't be enough


There is not one song
that I know all the words to
I realized today


Just when it seems that
you can't possibly succeed
try just one more time


Some days are jazzy,
other ones are rock and roll-
sometimes they're the blues

In some languages
poems and songs share one name
But not in English


"Fly like an eagle,"
Steve Miller's band sings-
And I will- one day



How does one hand sound?
A commonly asked question:
Two hands sounds better

Reb Shlomo Carlebach
was the only one ever
to say I looked "sharp" 

One G-d, One G-d, One
And many, many of me;
We believe in him



A pen is a brush with 
with just one point, just one ink
we paint with our words

A light that serves one
- Ner le'echad... le'meah -
Can serve one hundred


I wish I focussed
with both eyes on the same thing
But one looks away

In class- just one pen;
for me it's like forgetting
layers of clothing

One then another 
I write haiku; rinse, repeat
Until one strikes you

Take away one thing?
Okay, just please not the glue.
I said not the glue

Just one more haiku
I've never had a coffee-
unlike Bob Dylan

Nixon waited to
"make one thing perfectly clear"
I yearn to do that

I wonder if I'm
the party of the first part
or another one


The light will be green
in one way or the other:
depends how you turn

That someone gets you
is rarer than one might think
cherish such a thing

Vacation crisis
That's the one I see right now
Not of tuition

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amazingly done! I loved the first one more though, Neil :-)

April 6, 2016 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

Wonderful haiku thoughts concerning one! I enjoyed them! Have a good week.

April 6, 2016 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Milan Rajkumar said...

Beautiful wise words ,Rabbi ! If you have time , pl have a look at my post of the same prompt @
https://rajkumarmilan.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/one/

April 7, 2016 at 12:22 AM  
Blogger Pat R said...

Wow! Informative as well. Nicely done Neil.
Pat

April 9, 2016 at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home