Friday, July 29, 2016

Thoghts...

“Check your watch. It’s now again!” - Jon Kabat-Zinn

----------------------------------------
Consciously and subconsciously, to our own benefit and to our own detriment, loudly and brashly, quietly and desperately, we put on personas for the world to see.

----------------------------------------

Someone once told me that if you can get through life you can get through anything. 

--------------------------------------


--------------------------------------

"Al tehi baz lechol adam" is generally translated as, don't put down any person. It can be understood differently. Don't allow everyone to make you feel denigrated.

---------------------------------

"Bill Clinton delivered a deeply personal speech" - NY Times
And I'm wondering if this is not an oxymoron.

--------------------------------

When someone says to you, "I'm crazy," in those words, it can give you pause. Should it? I guess, it kind of depends, but basically - yes.

------------------------------

When someone shows you who they are believe them.

-----------------------------

"Wouldn't it be nice if we weren't at war anywhere in the world anymore?" - Random person at convention.

-------------------------

I wonder about the ways that "social media has changed our lives.  There are upsides.  But lately, the downsides seem so glaring.

-------------------------

Some people give off a vibe of, "Do not mess with me. My vibe is more like, "Hey, you can pour soup in my lap and I'll probably apologize to you." - John Mulaney

------------------------

And now for some free writing, so inaccurately called - nothing is free. We pay in so many ways for so many things, like "free lunches." There is wisdom in that free lunch saying, like is is in so many a cliched aphorism. I just used a word and then worried that it didn't fit just right.

I like comedy because it is about honesty. I think most comedians have a thing about truth.  And INFPs do too.  Truth and idealism.

I get tired of saying it, and also I don't: I don't know what to write or where to write it.  Should I share about the longing and the loneliness that I feel at this moment.  I think therefore I am, and yet - I think not.

It's Friday while I write this part, though the pieces of this post were written over a long stretch.  I'm going to visit my father for Shabbos.  It's a meaningful and good and right thing to do.  And yet I wonder, in this case and in general, where I should be.

I think a lot about memory or what's called memory. 

I think of inside thoughts, of writing and of poetry.  And when people ask me what I'm doing it is hard to tell them about how I live inside.

-----------------------------

Make sure that the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need. - Ben Harper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home